Commission for a box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

New User
Monty
Hello all! I'm looking for design ideas, and maybe a reference for someone to do some commission work. A friend of mine won an award for a team triathlon event. The trophy was in the form of a handcrafted knob... looks to be made of ceramic, with a threaded insert base. The pictures show the shape/color and give some sense of scale on a brick wall:

My friend wants to use these on something special... a box, or maybe a turned box. IIRC there are 6 of these knobs, one for each of her team, so she would like to have a similar product made for each of them. My box-making chops are a little weak right now, and I don't feel like I have the design talent to come up with something to suit this shape.

Ideas?

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Is that about 2 -3 inches across? Looks like a huge knob (or small brick).

How are you getting along? Wish you would come back and visit with us more often.

I think a nice maple letter box (legal envelope size) with 3-4 divisions in the drawer would be an excellent gift.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Monty no help on the project but please come bye the NCWW booth during the Klingspor Extravaganza and say hey.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
My wife, a triathlete, recommends using the knob on the top of box (square or round) for storing gear, like swimming goggles, skull cap, hand towel, vaseline, socks, etc. Or depending on the individuals success, a decorative box to hold medallions and awards.

Monty

New User
Monty
Thanks for the replies... it is a rather large knob. I really have no idea what style/shape of box would suit this. A box for triathlete gear sounds like a great idea. I found Matt's site (www.inlaybanding.com) - a solid recommendation based on the examples I see on his site. I'll contact him for sure. I wish I had more time to hang out... hopefully I'll be able to see some of the gang here at the Extravaganza.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors