CO2 Laser fume extractor

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Anyone have one or any experience with them?
If I want to "live" demo my laser at the Klingspor Extravaganzas. I need to find one.

Thanks in advance.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
Many welding suppliers and also tool rental yards have portable smoke eaters that should work well with your laser

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
we are about to buy one for our epilog laser at work, but with a price of $3,500 just for the fume extractor they are not cheap.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
I have looked at the rental companies. Prices start at >$100 a day. At that rate, I might as well buy one.

I have seen units in the $150-$300 range. Anyone know if they are any good?

bluchz

bluchz
User
I use a 6" duct and a inline duct fan with my lasersaur, it is vented to the outside with about 4' of duct. I can't smell it inside. It is vented low outside near the door and i can smell it when i walk outside. It is just a cheap one from amazon.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I believe the pyrography folks have some smallish ones, i.e., desk top. A little suction fan, charcoal filter, a snap of the finger, wha-la, ...maybe?

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
I use a 6" duct and a inline duct fan with my lasersaur, it is vented to the outside with about 4' of duct. I can't smell it inside. It is vented low outside near the door and i can smell it when i walk outside. It is just a cheap one from amazon.
All 4 of my shop lasers are vented to the outside.
Klingspor (extravaganza) doesn't have a window for me to vent out. Thus, I need a fume filter to vent the air inside of the room.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS