CNC upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
I just finished changing the 2 1/4 hp router on my CNC over to a 2.2 kw air cooled spindle and variable frequency drive...and I ran my first project with it.

I'm really surprised with the difference...a lot less noise (almost none until the actual cut starts)...no loss of power as the rpm's are dialed down...rpm's don't drop off under load.

Should have done this long ago.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I've thought of upgrading my CNC router but can't justify the cost with the amount of use I have on machine.

Did you go the eBay chinese spindle route?

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
I got the air cooled 2.2 kw (3 hp), 220 volt spindle from ebay. I didn't want the possibility of mixing water and electricity with a water cooled spindle. Had to have a variable frequency drive to match the spindle for speed control and conversion from 220 single phase to 220 3 phase, and a special shielded cable for the vfd to the spindle.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
I got the air cooled 2.2 kw (3 hp), 220 volt spindle from ebay. I didn't want the possibility of mixing water and electricity with a water cooled spindle. Had to have a variable frequency drive to match the spindle for speed control and conversion from 220 single phase to 220 3 phase, and a special shielded cable for the vfd to the spindle.

Sounds like a nice setup. I'm just running 120V residential. I wonder the reliability and repairability of the eBay chinese Spindles.

riggsp

Phil
Corporate Member
I haven't heard of any problems from others that have the same set-up...That's not to say there haven't been any.

If I do have problems, I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS