CNC help for TBall team

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
Would anybody be able to help me with a little gift for the my TBall Team.

Could anyone help me with cutting out a circle with maybe baseball laces etched in and then their names etched on it.

I have 13 players. Was thinking about 2.5”-3” dia, thin material like 1/8-1/4 thick.

Willing to pay. This is my first time coaching and was looking for a special personalized end of season keepsake

Echd

C
User
Have you considered acrylic? More durable for kids, and can be easily made into a keychain. A 3 inch 1/4 thick disk of wood around small children has a good chance of being destroyed.

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
Something that thin would be better done with a laser.
I would say make it a drink coaster .... but kids that young wouldn't use it anyway.
Maybe, use a ribbon to turn it into a medal.
baseballMedal.jpg

I have both CNC and Laser if you are looking for help.

Echd

C
User
I did dig up some I did for a similar project a while back.

Simple 1/2" scrap, two sided carve. Only needed a 1/8 endmill, 1/32 dia tapered ball, and a 45 Vbit. Each side is impressed 0.15". Was fairly quick to do. I made some quick modifications to accomodate the idea.

To finish them I just did spray on poly, and then "stamped" them in acrylic paint and the names, "stitches", and the team name will pop- with almost no real labor involved. It could be the team color.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 62

rcarmac

Board of Directors, Secretary
Robert
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did dig up some I did for a similar project a while back.

Simple 1/2" scrap, two sided carve. Only needed a 1/8 endmill, 1/32 dia tapered ball, and a 45 Vbit. Each side is impressed 0.15". Was fairly quick to do. I made some quick modifications to accomodate the idea.

To finish them I just did spray on poly, and then "stamped" them in acrylic paint and the names, "stitches", and the team name will pop- with almost no real labor involved. It could be the team color.
those look really nice

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS