Clarification - Split From "Splitting Threads"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Sorry, I guess I didn't realize this thread was here.

In the terminology of this latest software. You "move" some of the posts in a thread to a new thread or an existing thread.

With the thread displayed, place a check in the box in the upper right corner of each post post that you want to move. If there are more than one page of posts, just go to each page doing the same. The system will remember all the posts that you checked in this thread. Also notice that that each post checked has a background color change.

When you are finished, find the "Moderation" box and Go button above the Quick reply Box. The go button will also have a number in it. This is the number of posts checked in the current thread. Now Select Move in the Moderation box and click on Go.

You will now be taken to the Move Posts screen. You will have 2 choices, create a new thread to move the posts to or move them to an existing thread. The default is New thread and is also the usual choice on a split. Fill in the Forum for the thread and give it a name. Then click post It is all done.

We probably should make it a policy to add a post to the original thread noting the split and the URL of the split off portion.

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: Splitting Threads???

OK, that answers 90% of my question. Where I ran into problems in the last and only thread split I performed is that I wanted to start the thread with a post about why I split off the section of the current thread and created a new one. So I chose to move the posts I was splitting off to an existing thread. I created a thread explaining my actions and rational and then moved the posts I was splitting to it. That resulted in my "starting" post ending up at the end of the thread due to chronological ordering. Some quick editing of the chronologically first post resulted in my message being at the start of the new thread, but it was ugly. Is there any way to do what I have described, or should I just resign myself to seeing split threads that just seem to start with no rational?

Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS