Christmas Gifts

MLB3164

New User
Marty
I have been away from the forum for many years. Trying to get back in the spirit of woodworking. These were made in remembrance of my good friend Randy.
mGsSIzR.jpg

YI8aSTs.jpg

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Marty,

It is good to see you back again. I share your loss of a great man (I think we are thinking of the same Randy) -- your cup trees are really well done and a nice tribute.

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Marty,

It is good to see you back again. I share your loss of a great man (I think we are thinking of the same Randy) -- your cup trees are really well done and a nice tribute.
Rob thanks for the kind words. Yes same Randy. I need to put all my planes up for sale for people who will put them to work.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
For anyone here that hasn't been a member from the old days (pre-2010), Marty and I were close friends to a very talented woodworker and hand plane collector who graced these pages -- Ozzie-x (Randy Osborne). I met Marty for the first time (IIRC) at a class on cabinet construction by John Richards at John's shop outside Hickory, but also remember that he attended the first meeting of the Western NC Woodworkers Association (WNCWA) that Randy co-founded with me and Steve DeWeese in May 2006. Randy was our speaker and brought a nice complement of Stanley planes to describe and show all of us. Here is a picture of Randy (standing) and Marty (to Randy's immediate right) at that meeting which was held at the Folk Art Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville.

100_2670.JPG

Sadly, Randy passed away in June 2010 from a brain tumor -- we lost a good friend and spent months helping his wife with a complete rebuild of their house in Clyde, NC, selling Randy's tools and plane collection and sharing that collection at three Mid-West Tool Collectors Meeting (Including the National Meeting in 2011 where his Marsh Plane collection won First Place).

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Thanks Rob, Randy sounds like a great guy.

MLB3164

New User
Marty
Wow Rob that was excellent and brought back many great memories. Randy brought out the collector in me and helped me find many of the great planes I own. We never found me an elusive Stanley No1 but we got close a few times.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS