China Board for built-in lockers????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis

New User
Travis
I plan on building painted lockers for the laundry room that will have a seat at the bottom to put on shoes and act as a platform to reach cubies higher up. The bench will take abuse from foot traffic as it acts as a foot stool as well as a seat. I hear that China board is good stuff but I want to make sure that I select appropriate material for the job since I want it to look good and last for years.

This is my first cabinet type project so I wanted to seek advice from the masters of the forum for guidance. :eusa_thin

Thanks.

Travis

New User
Travis
It is my understanding that China Board is ply wood that is manufactured in China. A lot less expensive and comes in the same grades (I am guessing).

DaveO

New User
DaveO
OK, I have bought "cabinet grade" cheap plywood before. It is durable, but quirky. The stuff I got had inconsistent thickness and strange overlapping plys. I think that for what you are wanting to make that the Birch ply or Arunco (sp?) ply from the BORGs would be a good buy. But if you go cheaper than that I think you are asking for a lot of hardship.
Dave:)

Travis

New User
Travis
Dave,

Thanks for the advice. I am going with the birch. I realy want to impress the little lady with my first real project. Make her think that the shop and the tools were a great investment. :lol:

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS