Cherry Cutting Board

mark2

Mark
Corporate Member
A Christmas gift to my daughter - juice grooves will be added later if she wants them

This one is from a yard tree that fell in storm about 10 yrs ago - Chainsaw milled then sat in garage until this year - Split the board down the long checks, straightened an edge then to the saw and planed until flat and smooth. Kept the sapwood oriented together for some design, 1.5" x 18" x 24"

I don't care too much for the visual distractions of a highly patterned cutting board, they are beautiful but my kitchen knifes are probably sharper than my chisels or planes and used much more often.

1608865793180.png

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice work. I like the simplicity. We don't always know the full story of our project, meaning all the way back to a specific tree.

llucas

luke
Senior User
Ah, the circle of life...and what we do with it. Very nice gift. The best thing about it is that your daughter will think fondly of you every time she uses it. Happy Holidays.

Billm0066

New User
Bill
Looks good. I’m not a fan of juice grooves. It reduces the cutting area, harder to clean, and it takes away the natural beauty of the wood. I’d rather just wipe the countertop.

RJC58

Bob
Senior User
Very attractive. I like the form’s simplicity letting the wood’s natural beauty provide the visual interest. The source makes it even more interesting.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors