Cheapest tool run ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakeyon2asd

New User
blake
I was at the home depot today and also the lowes in Greensboro and I picked up a few things that I didn't really need and a sander that I did need. It was kind of a risk to buy display items but it came out to be an awesome deal. I used them all day today and had no problems out of the $15.00 bosch jig saw, and the $40.00 hitachi drill although I haven't been able to use the ROS. So I ended up getting over two hundred bucks worth of tools for less than $60.00.

Attachments

• unnamed (6).jpg
    unnamed (6).jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 107
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 125
  • unnamed (5).jpg
    unnamed (5).jpg
    25 KB · Views: 109
  • unnamed (4).jpg
    unnamed (4).jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 99
  • unnamed (3).jpg
    unnamed (3).jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 102
  • unnamed (2).jpg
    unnamed (2).jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 106
  • unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 101
  • asd.jpg
    asd.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 108

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Congrats on the score! I have an earlier version of the Jigsaw and it is a great tool. Don't know about the other two. Enjoy.

Halfghan

New User
Tim
Nice score! I was checking out the clearance tools today at my local Home Depot (off 15-501 in Durham) and they didnt have anything near that good of a deal. Good work!

blakeyon2asd

New User
blake
I used the driver nearly all day instead of my framing gun just to test it out and it done very well. I drove nearly a ten pound box of 3" outdoor grade screws only changing the batteries once so I'm pleased with it. The jigsaw done very well also I noticed it was very precise in that there wasn't as much drift in the blade, I think it's because of the way the wheel/roller mechanism is. I used it maybe 12 times cutting the birds mouth in rafters for our shelters and it cuts through pine like it's nothing with the 5tpi blade that came with it. The sander I paid full price for at home depot just because I couldn't find a store in the area that had the porter cable 390 I was really wanting I'll test it out sometime tomorrow I'm sure it'll be a good sander. All in all I would have to say that the jig saw was the best deal but I'm liking the drill as good as the ridgids fuegos we have.

blakeyon2asd

New User
blake
Nice score. I never seem to find clearance prices like those at the HD and the Lowe's near me.

I find them a lot at the Lowes but it seems that Home Depot doesn't drop there prices enough to make it worth not buying a new tool. The one near me has a bunch of tools on clearance/return but never drop them but maybe fifteen percent if that.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Nice score. I've had that drill, and impact driver, set for probably almost 3 years and haven't had any issues with them. They're strong performers and you'll be more than happy with their performance, especially at that price!!

B

blakeyon2asd

New User
blake
Nice score. I've had that drill, and impact driver, set for probably almost 3 years and haven't had any issues with them. They're strong performers and you'll be more than happy with their performance, especially at that price!!

B
Thanks it's good to know that it should last!

redknife

New User
Chris
Nice - hard to even buy a new Lithium drill battery for that total price. I need my local Lowes and HD managers to do a little deep discounting now and again.

blakeyon2asd

New User
blake
Nice - hard to even buy a new Lithium drill battery for that total price. I need my local Lowes and HD managers to do a little deep discounting now and again.

Yeah knowing me I'd go broke if they had sells like this all the time, but on the other hand I'd have pleanty of tools!

batk30msu

New User
brent
Man! whenever I see those at Lowes or HD it is "originally $199 now $190" and I am wondering how they think that is a "clearance"

You really got a good deal.

fsdogwood

New User
Pinwu
You suck! Spend some time, register the Ridgid sander, for it's lifetime service warranty (may get a replacement if it ever breaks) Also, it printed on the Hitachi box with some "lifetime Li-on tool warranty" but I don't know what the fine print is, may worth some g-gling to figure out what it covers HTH Pinwu

blakeyon2asd

New User
blake
You suck! Spend some time, register the Ridgid sander, for it's lifetime service warranty (may get a replacement if it ever breaks) Also, it printed on the Hitachi box with some "lifetime Li-on tool warranty" but I don't know what the fine print is, may worth some g-gling to figure out what it covers HTH Pinwu

Already beat you to it and registered all three of them! Still waiting on ridgid to get back with the lifetime service agreement because they go through and check sales records but I should know something within two weeks. As for the jig saw it's a two year warranty and the the drill is a life time like you said for the batteries and like two years for the actual drill. So I'm covered for a while and now I'm checking the clearance rack every time I'm in lowes/home depot which is pretty often. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS