Cheap HVLP systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
Hey everyone, I have recently been toying with the idea of messing around with some of the cheap HVLP systems like the Wagner Control Spray PLUS or the Campbell Hausfeld HV1001. Anyone have any experience with either, or with other similar setups? I don't spray enough to justify much more than this, so I'd love to hear your thoughts... Thanks guys

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I had the Wagner FineSpray (PeteM now has it) and got EXCELLENT results EVERY TIME. For a $99 unit you can't miss ...

While it won't do paint, most standard woodworking finishes will spray well if thinned correctly (or just make it simple and use a finish like Target Coatings water-based products)

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Do you have a compressor? If so, you could get a conversion gun.

Personally, I think most if not all HVLP set ups do a very good job if you use the right finish, and the WB finishes are the way to start in my opinion.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Every once in a while Rockler and Woodcraft sell these: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10469&filter=hvlp

For ~75$. I picked up one last time. I have 0 experience spraying before this so take it all with a grain of salt. I thought it did a pretty good job. I sprayed USL a couple times now and it always comes out pretty smooth. It takes a fair amount of rubbing to make it mirror smooth.

And I think it is doing it's job because the air is not filled with material, so the overspray is not too bad.

It even came with a tip big enough to spray latex! So I am happy for the 80$ I paid (note that this comes with the turbine!).

Salem

Ozzie-x

New User
Randy
I purchased the Porter Cable PS1 HVLP gravity gun from Amazon about 5-6 years ago. They had the gun on sale plus I had an Amazon discount code and it qualified for free shipping, I ended up with ~$65 in the brand new gun. It does a great job and I've been very happy with it.

CoolHandLuke

New User
Dave
I talked with the guys, I just ordered the Cambpell Hausfeld system after talking with the guys at Gleem Paint... I'll let you guys know how it is, wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS