Changing table finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Took me a while but finally finished the changing table. Last coats of paint on this week and in the house. The CEO (LOML) and exective VP (Daughter) wanted it painted the same color as the bedroom trim so thats what they got.

changing_table_025e.jpg

In the nursery

Finished_e.jpg

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice. The feet and top are simple, elegant.

I know we woodworkers go ape over natural finishes to show the grain, but I secretly think it's because most of us suck at painting. Priming, sanding, topcoating, all while not making brush marks - rubbing a bit of oil on is a lot easier! From what I can see, you did a first class job.

What materials did you use?

Bas.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Thanks Bas. I didn,t eleberate much in my first post because the misses was needing the computer. I took one of the patterns from cradle plans in the Sept. issue of Wood Magazine and modified it and made a pattern to fit my project, so while I would like to take full credit for that design I did copy it but the top turned out just like I wanted it to. I like simple and still being very much a rookie at this I need simple.

I did install some Miller dowells in the sides and the top for some extra strength. The lower facial board was a late design adition because I didn't like the way it looked with a straight plain board across the bottem. The case is 3/4 birch ply, 1/4 birch ply for the back and poplar. Oh and when my mother-in-law said "you did a real good job covering up the nail holes" I gladley said there's no nails in it.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Turned out great!! Before you know it, it will be full of diapers, baby wipes, onesies, etc, etc, etc. Plenty of usable space within arms reach is key.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Nice, with simple, clean lines, truly KISS. The raised edge on top is a must and looks great .

Good Luck,
Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS