Changes in DQ and related Matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
For a long time, when a member of the staff thinks about "active members/users", most of the time they use the DQ status as a good indication of that. So with in mind, I am making some changes to what was the DQ algorithims to reflect that and some other issues to better reflect what I believe is really an active member.

Currently, under the old algorithms, we had about 375 users who met the visit rate freq. Only 245 who actually filled in the extra DQ fields in their profile to actually get their DQ status.

I believe we should be counting other people in that total of active users. We've had about 3 years of looking at usage patterns to what the real world looks like. We have several types of usage.

• Joins and then leaves pretty quick and rarely comes back. Most registrations
  • Joins, stays active and stays forever. At best there are about 30-40 of those.
  • Joins, get active, goes away or rarely vists and then comes back and becomes active. This happens on a cyclic basis.
This last case is the one whom I do not believe is fairly counted. There are probably about 400 of these, but our current algorithims would only show about 200. The reason for that is becuase, my algorithm assumed cycles or "down" and "up' time to be to short. About 2 months.

So, today I've changed the cycle times and made a few other minor changes that I thought appropriate.

The result is this:
You become eliglible for DQ after 30 days (to be increased to 60 or 90 when I can figure out how not screw existing DQ of less than those times)

and five posts

and maintain an average visit freq of at least once a week.

Fillin in the profile DQ fields

The max cycle time for visit freq will be 6 months instead of 60 days.

The expiration date of your DQ status is always 6 months after the last date you had the basic qualifications for DQ. You'll that change in your user block on the right. The experation date only changed every three months. Now ill change every day you are still DQ.

Comments, complaints, questions and suggestions.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
My only complaint is that I wish more places would honor our DQ:gar-La;.

Seriously, it's worked out fine in the past for me, and this way will work out in the future. You've been doing a great job Steve:icon_thum.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have had on occasion a window pop up that said some fields were not filled in. so I checked and did not see anything manditory missing.:dontknow: I made mental notes of this and promptly for got them so.... I have no specifics to quote. is this just a glitch or am I missing something? steve, you have my permission to check my profile if you need to.:wink_smil PM me if there realy is something I missed.

jimwill48

James
Steve,
Guess I was missing my street address on my profile. I filled it in and it never did give my DQ. What am I doing wrong.

Cheers,
James

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
How does one manage to achieve "deceased" status on the board?

hmmmmmmm.......... good un travis! but um if your deceased you caint read this post anyhoo!:rotflm: ask me about being thought dead in person some time! got a story fer ya.:gar-La;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS