CEDAR 6" X 6" X 10'

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I would like to find a cedar 6" x 6" x 10' post for a friend. He has had a bell atop a cedar post for 38 years but it finally rotted and came down. He would like a post or a tree he can cut a post from. I am located near Hickory but he wants the post, even if he has to drive aways. Thanks guys and gals!

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
... and just to add to the choices, though this one is likely the most expensive, Capitol City Lumber in Raleigh lists 6x6 beams of West Red Cedar.
6x6 WR Cedar #2 Rough - Capitol City Lumber

I'd call ahead to ensure this is in stock in the length you want (and to check the price!). I have bought cedar there recently and it was NOT cheap.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I saw somebody post in the FB Group 'Floyd Group' that had some Cedar Posts like that except longer. Sorry don't have any contact details but you should be able to find it with a search. It was posted in the last couple of days, maybe yesterday. Floyd is about 2 hours from Hickory up 77 and over on 221.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
ahem, i can't resist throwing in my 2 cents. I'm located about halfway between raleigh and hickory. Have a pile of 20' logs in backyard and I've a woodmizer to mill em. Trees were logged two yrs ago. I could cut a 6x6.......

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
ahem, i can't resist throwing in my 2 cents. I'm located about halfway between raleigh and hickory. Have a pile of 20' logs in backyard and I've a woodmizer to mill em. Trees were logged two yrs ago. I could cut a 6x6.......
What bis your price for that size post?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS