Cathedral window

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy

Well, I cut this pattern at it's original size instead of following my instincts and enlarging it. There were definitely several prayer moments during this one! It is 4-7/8" wide with the thinnest walls about 1/16th" thick. The wood is cherry and I have not applied any finish yet.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dang Cathy, that is exquisite and oh so delicate, I'd breathe on that wrong and it would break 8-O Beautiful work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Excellent. Definitely not something you'd want to get the hiccups on in the middle of! :lol:

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
That is one difficult pattern! Great job :icon_thum

Your circles look perfect - I hate cutting circles.
(I usually cheat and drill them out first)

Did you stack cut?

pete

Trog777

New User
Trog
Hoo-Lee-Cow 8-O

I'd be scared to touch that. Looks like something you'd display behind glass so clumsy, Troglike persons, could admire it with minimal risk.

JRD

New User
Jim
Cathy,

Have you ever sneezed while doing such intricate work and ruined a piece.

Your precision amazes me.

Jim

cskipper

Cathy
That is one difficult pattern! Great job :icon_thum

Your circles look perfect - I hate cutting circles.
(I usually cheat and drill them out first)

Did you stack cut?

pete

I didn't stack cut (chicken). I was afraid that I'd ruin the bottom piece where the lines are so thin. If I cut it again I wil enlarge the pattern.

cskipper

Cathy
Cathy,

Have you ever sneezed while doing such intricate work and ruined a piece.

Your precision amazes me.

Jim

Not yet, knock on wood. When I realized how small some of these lines were I did cut them first. Figured if I was going to have a design modification, I wanted to know before I cut out all the circles!

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice bit of cutting Cathy. U R good. :-D Are you really going to use it in a window? If so I would finish with Spar Vanish just in case you get some condensation on the window. You would not want to ruin such nice work.

cskipper

Cathy
No, it's really too small for much of anything- not quite 5". I just wanted to try it at it's original size. There were 5 or 6 patterns in that magazine. I'll probably try the others too - but will enlarge the patterns first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS