cast wings for Delta contractor saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I've got a stamped wing on one side and a not-so-flat plywood table on the other. I've always wanted to buy cast wings - but I see some pretty ridiculous prices on them (e.g. $150 ea). Any suggestions?

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Chris, my Delta has one cast wing and the Biesemeyer plastic laminate table on the other. I see only a slight advantage of the cast wing over the plastic laminate table, if I had your saw, I would probably just put a nice flat plastic laminate table on both sides. If you are careful when you make them, you can minimize the tiny groove between the saw cast top and the attached table which is the only important performance difference IMO.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Once in a blue moon you see one on craigslist. I would do a search on craigslist nationally and see if you can find one anywhere and if you do, call and see if they ship.

Notorious T.O.D.

New User
Todd
They have been selling for lower prices in ebay lately. It also depends if you are looking for the older style with the curved corners or the newer style with the square corners. The new style are 10" wide and IIRC the older style are 9" wide. I purchased a pair of the new style on ebay within the last year for $80 plus $40 shipping. These list for about $110 a piece from Delta.

You can find a deal on some by just checking out ebay but if you get them for $50-$75 each shipped that is a decent deal. Cheaper than that is a real deal.

Best,
Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS