Cartons and packing supplies

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Any recommendations here in the Trisngle?

I purchase online and they have minimum quantities. Sometimes I just need one large carton for a custom order and occasionally Staples can help me, but their sizes are pretty limited.

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Might disclose what sizes etc. Usually you can get boxes as low as 10 per if a standard size. Lowes, Home Depot etc. U-haul has big boxes, but they are expensive.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Might disclose what sizes etc. Usually you can get boxes as low as 10 per if a standard size. Lowes, Home Depot etc. U-haul has big boxes, but they are expensive.
Lowe’s are very restricted in their sizes.

Next order will need 17wide x 52 long x 4 high.

The next one may be totally different.

I can get all those delivered but 25 pieces minimum for each size.

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Uline has a pretty wide variety and minimum quantities are generally 5, sometimes 10 and, on occasion, single units (more expensive items). That being said, a quick search didn't turn up anything promising in the size you spec'ed. Still it perhaps is an option in the future. Also, have you tried the UPS Store?

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Uline has a pretty wide variety and minimum quantities are generally 5, sometimes 10 and, on occasion, single units (more expensive items). That being said, a quick search didn't turn up anything promising in the size you spec'ed. Still it perhaps is an option in the future. Also, have you tried the UPS Store?

I currently buy all my packaging from Uline. For cartons 25 in a bundle minimum.

jerrye

New User
Jerry
52/17/4 is likely a non-standard size carton. I doubt you'll find anyone with those on the shelf, though you might get close with a five panel folder or telescopic. My recommendation would be to find standard cartons that you can adapt to your needs, using more than one if necessary to make up what you need.

To make larger sizes, you could get a wardrobe carton from Uhaul and go from there. It may cost you close to or the same as ordering 25, but if you only need one, it's better than trying to find storage for the other 24...

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
Go by your local moving company, many times they throw away used moving boxes, sometimes stuffed with wrapping paper. Or watch Craigslist, I have seen posts where pople have moved and there is a large stack of boxes for "free" if you come get them.

smallboat

smallboat
Corporate Member
If you have an ongoing need but the specific requirements change why not inventory some big flat sheets of corrugated?
Then you can make the boxes to fit as needed

I know making boxes may not be the best use of your time, but it may beat hunting for boxes.
Can't recommend a resource local to you for the materials but sure someone here can.

There's probably two or three styles of box that can be adapted to meet any need you are likely to come up against.

Having seen your work here I'm confident you could master this pretty easily.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS