Carter Products Shipping Policy

mike_wood

Update your profile with your name
User
I needed a thrust bearing bushing for my Carter BS. I removed whole assembly to clean and dropped the bushing and could not find it. So went to Carter to order replacement. $2.85 to replace. Shipping $20! I protested this as being far beyond what I thought was reasonable. Their response was for a small part they would only charge $3.92. Went back and could not find it as a choice. So, again, I questioned them on how to get the lesser charge. Response, they will charge me when shipped and will only post the lower shipping. Cannot figure out why they would not post the lesser charge as some will look at the cost and go away. I was going to put the original guides back on rather than pay $20.

FWIW.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I needed a thrust bearing bushing for my Carter BS. I removed whole assembly to clean and dropped the bushing and could not find it. So went to Carter to order replacement. $2.85 to replace. Shipping $20! I protested this as being far beyond what I thought was reasonable. Their response was for a small part they would only charge $3.92. Went back and could not find it as a choice. So, again, I questioned them on how to get the lesser charge. Response, they will charge me when shipped and will only post the lower shipping. Cannot figure out why they would not post the lesser charge as some will look at the cost and go away. I was going to put the original guides back on rather than pay $20.

FWIW.
The wheel that squeaks the loudest, gets greased first!

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member

FWIW.
My opinion is they cut you a break because you asked and they want your business.. pulling an item from the shelf, bagging, tagging ,addressing etc all takes time and supplies and a paid employ has to do it. They would lose money processing a lot of 2.00 items all day. Feel blessed that they threw you a bone..

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS