Carter Guides/Northfield BS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
New guides arrived yesterday, now I have more invested in them than what I paid for the saw, replacement parts, paint, etc... My son in law reminded me to add the hours upon hours of man hours I have invested in the restoration. At $ 2.00 an hour that should not add much to the total price :D... I'm cheap! Anyway, I ordered the guides from Jeff at Northfield. A few $$ more than purchasing directly from Carter but this way I supported two US companies. Jeff was able to identify my saw although it had no serial # by the USMC Air Station, Cherry Point inventory tag (original buyer) and comparing the Reuland motor serial number on the saw with his sales documentation. He made me a new serial # plate, safety stickers and sent me an email detailing saws info as follows:

Steve,

Information from Jeff as follows:

682410-G is a Northfield 32” Bandsaw, 3HP, 900RPM TEFC DMD with Double-Face Rip Fence, Large Miter Gauge w/ Dovetail Slide, Hand Resaw Attachment, Work Light, Magnetic Starter & Military Lube Plate. It left our plant on August 8, 1968 & shipped to Marine Corp Air Station Cherry Point, NC. We have not heard from it since it shipped in 1968. It original sold for $2,491.00.

Regards
Northfield Machinery Builders

Unfortunately the fence, mitre gauge, resaw att. and work light were missing when I found it. Good news is that the new guides fit perfectly on the original mounts. Had to use the old blade while installing and aligning the new guides. New blade should be on it tomorrow.

Son in law donated a rotary phase converter which hopefully will be in service next week. Need to p/u some wire/plugs to run from the RPC to the BS, TS and shaper and I should be up and running. Here are a few pics of the guides:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6CPt6XCHoE51vBXh6

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
Kudos to you for a beautiful restoration and to the folks at Northfield for doing their research and providing you with the Serial Number plate. Great customer service and a deserving customer. Well done, Steve! I'll need to come see it the next time I visit my daughter in Stella!

LocoWoodWork

Steve
Corporate Member
Kudos to you for a beautiful restoration and to the folks at Northfield for doing their research and providing you with the Serial Number plate. Great customer service and a deserving customer. Well done, Steve! I'll need to come see it the next time I visit my daughter in Stella!

It'll be good to see you again.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
That appears to be a real sweet setup. Great restoration! And the Marines say, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS