Carpet padding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I'm looking to pad a box for my shop vac. I'm trying to find a place either in Cary or Chapel Hill where I can find some scraps or cheap carpet padding to line the box im building to baffle the vac.

Wes

Glennbear

Glenn
Wes:
I used a material called Cellotex to create a sound baffle in door opening on my DC closet. It was under $10 at local BORG for a 4x8 sheet. It is a sheathing material made of compressed fibers and methinks you might find it easier to work with than padding. Here is a pic of my application. :wsmile:

DavidF

New User
David
I'm looking to pad a box for my shop vac. I'm trying to find a place either in Cary or Chapel Hill where I can find some scraps or cheap carpet padding to line the box im building to baffle the vac.

Wes

I've got some carpet offcuts you can have, but no padding, sorry.

Kicbak

New User
Wes
I bought some of that cellotex stuff today. I'm going to use that first and if that doesn't quiet it enough I'll grab some egg crate foam as well.
Both are great ideas.
Thanks
Wes

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
All the above will probably deaden the sound, but realize that the air coming out of that shop vac will be hot (My 14 gal Ridgid vac warms my two car garage faster than either the quartz heater or heat coil version do, and both have circulating fans on them). You may want to find a way to direct the exhaust out of the cabinet or at least vent the top.

Just an observation

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors