Canarywood Handle just finished!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
I got bored yesterday and made a Canarywood handle for one of my planes. I used Danish Oil to finish it off. I am in LOOOOVVVEEE with Canarywood now!

Attachments

• Canarywood Handle Left.jpg
    Canarywood Handle Left.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 178
  • Canarywood Handle Right.jpg
    Canarywood Handle Right.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 186

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very nice, I would love to see it on the plane. Are you going to make the knob out of the same wood too?

Dave:)

J

jeff...

No phun intended, that's some mighty pretty wood, where does it come from?

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Very nice, I would love to see it on the plane. Are you going to make the knob out of the same wood too?

Dave:)

Dave,
It will be on the plane as soon as it dries. I wait for days to let the oil soak in. I'll be sure to post photos.

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
Ive read that canary wood is very dense and hard. Is this true?

Yes, I had a waste piece and tried to work a chisel through it, While it cut well, you do have to be in total control of that chisel. (I have a history of chiseling my fingers!) When at the sander, I got coarse, dense sawdust. Cutting it on the tablesaw the sawdust was longer than normal and clogged the front part of my insert. It was a strange experience. The blade itself would clogged with dust and throw it in my face...heh, I use a face guard, thank you! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

erasmussen

New User
RAS
How did you come up with the desgin for it, I am thinking I might need to make some:eusa_thin
Oh ya it does look perty:eusa_clap

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine
How did you come up with the desgin for it, I am thinking I might need to make some:eusa_thin
Oh ya it does look perty:eusa_clap

Well, I simply traced the design from the old broken one and refined it by hand. Then cut the wood on the scroll saw.Then my scrool saw broke. :crybaby2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS