Can you say Sharp and Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
After experimenting with my new/used Lathe it became quite evident that a tool sharpener is a must.:dontknow:
After quite a lot of searching:eusa_thin, head scratching:icon_scra then finally biting the bullet.
Our good buddy Dino, hooked me up with the ultimate in shop tool sharpening system.
Ladies and Gentleman I present to you the, TORMEK 2006 Sharpening Sytem, with Woodturners Jig Set.

I played with it yesterday using an old beat up chisel. All I can say is WOW!!!!! :eusa_clap The edge that I put on that chisel in a matter of minutes was oh let's say scary sharp:icon_thum
Today I will try to sharpen all of my lathe tools to try and become efficient at using the different jigs.
I will be ordering the jointer/planer jig for it. After milling down over 700 bd ft of white Oak (hard wood for sure), it is time for the planer blades to be brought back to life.

Thanks Dino, for sure.:notworthy: I would highly recommend this sharpening system.
If you are unsure stop by and givve mine a spin. :eek:ccasion1 It will diffently sell itself.

Thanks for looking.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
YOU ROCK! NICE SCORE! That is one heck of a system and Dino gave you the hookup -- especially with all of the jigs -- because that is where a good portion of the money is!

J

jeff...

Ok nothing will be dull around your shop for a while now - nice score Mac

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Ok, so here I am, just trying to learn how this thing really works:dontknow:, with all of the do dahs:icon_scra that came with it.:help:
When all of a sudden I see a spot of blood.
I said to myself, "Self, how did that happen?":eek:
Dummy you are working around sharp objects. You have been using a sharpening tool:slap:. Maybe, just maybe something got sharp.
Sure enough. I had just brushed my knuckle across the chisel, ever so slightly. It jumped out and said howdy dowdy I'm a sharp chisel and I just knicked you.
I'm not used to seeing this kind of edge.
I didn't think that the leather strop for honing was all that important.
Son let me tell you.
I'm going to have so much fun.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
Mac,

I did not take the added entertainment value of the Tormek into account when I priced it. If you think you are having too much fun now,wait until you change the angle or cutting profile on your gouges. It really does do an unbelievable job. Nothing like the mixture of a little blood and sawdust in the shop! :gar-La;

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Thanks Dino!!! :rotflm:
I did just that on a sorby bowl gouge that came with the Lathe.
The guy that had it butcher it up with a file. So I had to regrind it.
You are absolutely right. All I can say is WOW.

PS. I will send the shiping out Monday.
Thanks again Dino.

gordonmt

New User
Mark Gordon
John,
I was just going to post a "watch out" about the sharpness of your tools after a tormek experience. I used one early this year and sharpened every chisel I had. Without evern knowing how or when, I also saw blood are realized I had two very small nicks on my fingers from the new sharpness of my chisels. It is amazing how sharp they can become with a tormek.

bitbight

New User
Ray
John,

How accurate and sturdy is the angle gauge that comes with the Tormak? Is it a solid piece that will stand up to a lot of use?

Anyone else have any thoughts about it?

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors