Can You Help for a good cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Hi folks,

The place where I work is trying to provide some gift baskets/boxes for the children at a local hospitals Cancer ward. I know that things are tight so, I thought I would ask all of you if you have made something that you would like to donate for us to sell at a craft sell in the plant. 100% of all the monies raised will be used to purchase materials for the gift baskets/boxes we are trying to make.

I am not sure really what kinds of things that you have made but any help will be appreicated. I myself am going to turn a couple of bottle stoppers. and I have a bowl or two Im not using. So again if anyone is interested let me know and Ill answer what I can as I get more information.

Thanks Mark

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
When is the sale? I'd like to give something but I don't have anything right now and my lathe is out of commission for another week or two.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Sorry It was 2 am when I did this post:wconfused:

We are shooting for the middle of April from the 13th to the 15. This will be for the mission hospital childrens cancer ward as of right now we are awating approval from the hospital but our contact person has said all looks green from here till the end.. Thank you in advance I will pm mailing address for anyone who wants the info.

Thanks again
Mark

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
PM me the info when you have it.

Don't know that my scrolling skills are up to the level of donating something, but I'll see what I can come up with.

Are you looking for strictly wood crafts?

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
PM me the information as well. I'll see what I can come up with for a donation item to sell.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Ithank you all for your responses. All the help will be greatly appreciated.
If you send a donation tell me what kind of wood ect because people will ask and I do know some but not all of the wood we use here.
Thanks Mark

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Cathy,
My HR lady lives near you if you are still interested In donating. She says she might be able to do a pickup If your interested pm me and well see what we can do.

Thanks Mark

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
I would like to thank everyone for their responses so far. If I have not sent you a pm, give me some time to respond and I will get back to you ASAP.

We have started to raffel some thisgs that thwe employees have donated. I am planning to do a sealed bid auction for the Items that all of you send so if you could please give me a little inf on the wood type(if wooden) and who you are.
Some one ask if the donations need to be wooden by all means we will gladly accept all donations.

Again thanks to all on behalf of myself and my safety team
Thanks Mark

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Mark, pm or email me the info. I have a couple of things that I can send down also. I am glad to donate to such a cause. Steve

navy1990

New User
Matt
I'm in. I may be new to woodturning, but I can turn a few pens and send them your way. I have some fairly exotic blanks that are just waiting to be turned. If you could PM me the info, I would appreciate it.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Just to touch base with every one. We are currently under way with a couple of items that I have gotten locally, doing the sealed bids thing. As more items come in we will add them to the display and officially start the bidding on 1 april and run it through the 15th.
Again thanks for the support and if you have any other questions just holler.

Thanks Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS