Can You Afford to Look At It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Roy,

Now there's a toy that might just cure a case of woodguy's disease.

Do people actually use tools like that?

Ray

JohnsonMBrandon

New User
Brandon Johnson
I would be scared to use something that cost that much money. I would have to work in a padded room to use it, and someone would have to give it to me. Theres no way I could afford it. It sure is a great looking plane though!

R

rickc

I think the Aussie has too much time & money! Take a peak at the id, and prior purchases! $395 for an antique block plane, $950 for a 1883 Victor plane. I wonder if they want to adopt someone form the states! :mrgreen:

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
Best of luck with those lottery tickets :icon_thum I know that I wasn't there for the measurement, was it John or Brandon that broke out the tape and took those precision measurments for your award?

insomniac said:
Buying lottery tickets. :-?

Monty

New User
Monty
Steve D said:
Best of luck with those lottery tickets :icon_thum

Thanks. :icon_thum LOL! I think somebody may have used John's "custom" length aluminum ruler on me!!! Either that or I have a worse case of biscuit poisoning than I realized!!!

jmauldin

New User
Jim
Boy am I disappointed! I was going to bid on the plane, but only if they had a matched pair. They didn't.
Jim in Mayberry

Grgramps

New User
Roy Hatch
Holtey update! It sold for $5600 which may be a good deal considering a new one would be something over $7000. I think it's interesting that there were 3 bids from different individuals recorded in the last 60 seconds of the auction where the price went from 4700 to 5500 to 5600. Must be nice to have money like that to spend on a hand plane. I can only hope that it wasn't bought by anyone on this forum as there wouldn't be the space for all of the SUCKS.

Roy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS