Can anyone help me buy Corian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
AFAiK, only factory authorized installers can sell and install Corian. WilsonArt is the same way. There may be other manufacturers of a similar material but I don't know of them.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
do a quick search for "solid surface" countertop, there are people and products out there you can use. doing accounting class right now, or I would find my bookmarks for you!

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
I bought it at a place right off of 70 in Raleigh with no trouble whatsoever. I don't remember the name of the place, but it isn't far from where Eatman's carpets and all were. Was a big place, and they even let me come in and work with them a couple of hours to get a feel for how and what to do. I did not call them. I rode by there, went in the shop talked with them, and it ended up being no big deal with them.

Regardless, the stuff was not cheap. I believe it came in 25" wide sheets by 8 ft long by 1/2 inch thick. A sheet was like $900 and the colored epoxy was $10 a tube and that was 10 years ago.

MarkW

New User
Mark
I recently used a material made by Samsung called Staron. I was able to purchase it without being certified from Charlotte Hardwoods but you may be able to find it somewhere closer.

This material comes in full sheets (30"x144" i believe) starting at 360.00 for the sheet depending on the colors. They also sell a half sheet for more than half the full sheet cost.

The material looks equivalent to Corian (which we had installed in my kitchen ) for much less, especially if you do the work yourself. It works well with normal woodworking tools, though I did take my good blades out of the saws.

Last edited:

lottathought

New User
Michael
I recently used a material made by Samsung called Staron. I was able to purchase it without being certified from Charlotte Hardwoods but you may be able to find it somewhere closer.

This material comes in full sheets (30"x144" i believe) starting at 360.00 for the sheet depending on the colors. They also sell a half sheet for more than half the full sheet cost.

The material looks equivalent to Corian (which we had installed in my kitchen ) for much less, especially if you do the work yourself. It works well with normal woodworking tools, though I did take my good blades out of the saws.

I remember that thread. In fact, if you had not mentioned it, I was going to give the link.
That bedroom set has been haunting me since you posted it.
When the heat breaks and I get back into the garage again...and I get the refinishing finished.and the picture frames, and the backlog of pens that I want to make...I soooooo want to try to make a bedroom set that looks like that.

Yaknow.....there was a time in my life when I actually had a free moment.
Now I am starting to worry that if I start right now...and do not stop...I might still not live long enough to do all the projects that I want to do.

Hey Dave.......how much for a couple of them elves? :-D

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
John,
You may luck out at the Habitat ReStore. The ones in Charlotte and (I'm sure the Triangle area) routinely have lot's of Corian coutertops. It's worth a call to see and put your name in for the next donation they get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS