Status
Not open for further replies.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Folks,

Kingfest is rapidly approaching, and we are asking for members to come out and support NCWW. Don't know anything about turning or lathes? We can teach you in a few minutes. Not interested in working with a lathe? That's ok, we also help kids assemble birdhouses. Have a special skill you want to display and talk to others about? Bring a sample of your work/projects, and put it on display and speak proudly of the skills you used to put it together. If your project is too big, bring a picture and talk about it.

Don't have all day you can come out? Spend a couple of hours at the tent/trailer talking and meeting your fellow woodworkers. Or, just come by, introduce yourself so we can put a face to the username.

This is your group, the more you put in, the more you receive and we all benefit. We typically have some members that drive over 2 hours to work these events. Drive the 30 minutes, i'd love to see you here.

Neal

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Hi , All . . . Ditto to everything Neal has said. Unfortunately, I cannot attend this year's KingFest because of scheduling conflicts. However, last year and the year before I had much fun both meeting NCWW members and potential new members. Also, I enjoyed introducing many to turning. We have not previously offered birdhouse building, but I know that too can be fun - I did that this last Sunday at the Stokes Stomp in Danbury.

So, go to this thread, KINGFEST, October 6 OUTREACH **Signup* and join North Carolina Woodworkers! Florence will be only a memory by then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS