Calendar Contest - Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I have decided, there will be a calendar no matter what. Even I have to grab pictures from the general galleries and use them. Actually, I suspect I have a way to do things that will work.

I have changed the schedule and I have made some changes to allow me screw around with the categories, etc. See the the first post in the announcement thread

DavidF

New User
David
I have decided, there will be a calendar no matter what. Even I have to grab pictures from the general galleries and use them. Actually, I suspect I have a way to do things that will work.

I have changed the schedule and I have made some changes to allow me screw around with the categories, etc. See the the first post in the announcement thread

You're being very patient Steve, thanks. It WILL turn out ok, I am sure. I assume the "early sale period begins around 7th Sept?

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Steve: At the risk of sounding even dumber than I already do, does this mean we can submit stuff in "landscape" format? Thanx.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve: At the risk of sounding even dumber than I already do, does this mean we can submit stuff in "landscape" format? Thanx.
No. But as a few have done they have taken 2 landscapes and put them together to make a portrait shape.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I am confused, what categories do you need now? And are we still entering only one picture per member.
Now you can enter as many pictures in as many cats as you want. BUT, you can only win one prize and only one picture from a single member will appear in the calendar

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Now you can enter as many pictures in as many cats as you want. BUT, you can only win one prize and only one picture from a single member will appear in the calendar

well that takes care of january...... what about the other 11 months????
:rotflm: sorry man! been that kinda day. I realy should wear a mask when spraying laquer!!!!!:gar-La;

DavidF

New User
David

Ah, ok, I thought the point of asking us to submit more than one was to actually get the minimum number of pictures required? If there is only going to be one from a member then what is the advantage to you? I can understand the only one prize, but if you are short of good pictures why not let a member have more than one selected.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ah, ok, I thought the point of asking us to submit more than one was to actually get the minimum number of pictures required? If there is only going to be one from a member then what is the advantage to you? I can understand the only one prize, but if you are short of good pictures why not let a member have more than one selected.
David, that's the way we have done it the last two years. My thinking was and still is that it is better to have many different people(and styles) represented as possible. Also, it is possible that a large portion of the calendar pictures would end up from one person.

I also think that that by allowing multiple pictures from one person we get better coverage of the categories. There also is the issue that if I limited it to a single picture per, that's person's entry is very the worst picture that have. People always seem to enter the project that are most proud of, rather that an excellent photo of a excellent project(which is what ideally we want.) There is also a possibility that a winning picture that looks like it will be usuable, turns out doesn't work becuase of a few pixels on the edges that crops of in full bleed an important part. Then I have the option of taking an other view of the project that was submitted and using instead. Or, even using a different but related project from the same person and using it.

In other words, the more pictures, the more options I have when doing the final compositing.

Finally, if we don't have enough pictures in a cat, I will probably combine some cats.

Does that explain my thinking?

DavidF

New User
David
Yes it does thanks. As long as you have enough pics to make a calendar then all is well with the world - I have just ordered 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS