Cafe Press

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think it is time we find a new supplier of NCWW Calendars and other merchandise. As I had previously indicated I was going to purchase NCWW hats for members who help out at the WW Show and also for picnic door prizes. Well they retail the hats for $14.95 but our cost is $9.50. A bit high still but I am OK. What I am NOT OK with $77.00 in shipping ($2.10 per hat). I can see paying that for 1 hat but on an order of 36 hats.

Am being unreasonable or cheap?

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
All the hats fit in one box. I think you are not being cheap. That is a ridiculous shipping charge.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
That is pretty high for shipping one box, that isn't that heavy. My company uses a printer for hats that is located off of Corporation Pkwy (off of New Bern Ave). I have no idea how much they cost and am not sure if they do calendars or not, but I could look into it. Actually, Gary (NCTurner) works right across the street from them. I can send him a pm and see if he wouldn't mind walking over there and inquiring about their services. At least we could just pick them up and not have to pay shipping.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Even better if he can take samples with him. But still need shipping charges in case we ever open the site store.

M

McRabbet

Read -- I agree we need to find an alternative -- I can request a quote from EDU Sports in Arden who supplies my WNCWA club with our logo shirts and hats. They did our (NC Woodworker, Inc) large wall banner and have a high resolution digital image of it. I'll email them for a quote on 36 hats on a solid color beige hat and an embroidered version as well (we pay $18 each for multicolor embroidered logo on a 2-tone unstructured hat). I'll see what I can come up with.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Guys, please see what else you can find. I am going to check a couple places in South Side VA.

Thanks...

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I heard back from Gary and the company that I mentioned earlier only deals in bulk and doesn't do paper items so they're out.

It almost seems like it would be more cost efficient if we printed things like this in bulk and one of us stored them and shipped them out as needed (if we opened up the NCWWer online shop).

M

McRabbet

I sent an email last night to EDU Sports in Arden asking for a quote on 3 dozen hats with our logo in color silk screened and a seperate quote for embroidered logos; hats in Black or Beige, but if you guys prefer other colors, see this link.

Rob

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I'm inclined to agree with you Scott. That seems way too much for shipping.
Not like you're asking them to hand deliver!

Checking a couple of local options.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Found out my friend that ran a printing company was laid off and the company sold.
He was told on a recent Monday at noon that he had to tell everyone else before 4:30 that Friday would be their last day. It happens but good grief!
Still haven't heard from the retired fireman friend that does hats etc. Too late to help if he called today.
Will keep looking for future reference.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Found out my friend that ran a printing company was laid off and the company sold.
He was told on a recent Monday at noon that he had to tell everyone else before 4:30 that Friday would be their last day. It happens but good grief!
Still haven't heard from the retired fireman friend that does hats etc. Too late to help if he called today.
Will keep looking for future reference.

Sorry about your friend. We will have to pass on hats for this go around but we should have a new source for the future.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Scott
My retired fireman finally got back to me. I'll bring a couple of hats to Charlotte and let you (and anyone else) see what they offer. I'll have a price then as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS