Cabinet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
I'm starting a cabinet build, which will take a lot of time but I think it's going to look great. Flat panels are highly figured Ambrosia Maple veneered and bookmatched fronts with a soft maple backer. They'll be put in a Peruvian Walnut frame with a small Wenge bead. More to come as time allows.
IMG_1980.JPGIMG_1981.JPGIMG_1998.JPGIMG_1999.JPGIMG_2002.JPGIMG_2004.JPG

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
That is some great looking lumber. Looking forward to watching this project progress.

srhardwoods

New User
Chris
These will go in my wife's studio we are building. She does quilting and glass fusing. I has a form of industrial theme to it. She is making the pendant lightts from telephone insulators, modern day cloth electrical wiring. These are going to be large cabinets. One wall will be 16' long 5' high cabinets hanging 34" off the wall. Will be fun to anchor these. The end panels will be built the same, but using bookmatched peruvian walnut and same material for the bead. We have a large 8' factory cart that will be made into a couch that will sit in a cuby of large cabinets as well. She took regular galvanized roofing metal from lowe's and chemically treated it to rust out, the ship lap walls are painted with a 50/50 wash of a blue/gray paint which the ambrosia streaks match nicely and the floor is multi colored stains with some blue/gray copper patina type color.

Attachments

• IMG_1911.JPG
    IMG_1911.JPG
    652.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    659.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    333.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1609.JPG
    IMG_1609.JPG
    493 KB · Views: 60
  • long wall.jpg
    long wall.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2008.JPG
    IMG_2008.JPG
    837.1 KB · Views: 64

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Looking forward to this thread. Guess you had first pick off the lumber pallet.:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS