By-Laws - Third Revision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, there are a few inconsistencies in terminology. And we are pretty close. There is something wrong with the flow and I can't put my finger on it. But as an example, The role of the VP/Internet Operations is described in the "Purposes and Objectives" section. But I think it should be described in one of the sections under "Officers" But then something else is wrong.

I guess, it something like circular definitions:BangHead::help:

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
It is in the Officers section from the beginning. I added the earlier references in section III to put more emphasis and prominence on the website and the role of the administrator as per your comments. I was also trying to make clear that the BoD does not need to be involved on that level.

We could state in section II that the website in administered by the designated Officer(s) as set forth in later sections and leave out the specific functions in section three. We just need to make sure that w move any important language from section III to the Officer's section.

Doug

sapwood

New User
Roger
First, great job Doug :icon_thum

Second, I do not have a good answer yet for issue you brought up Steve :tinysmile_cry_t:
But I'm thinking!

Third, here are a couple of typo/grammatical observations :mrgreen:

Article II
B. The responsibilities of the Vice President for Internet Operations shall include, but are not limited to, moderating posts made to the website, updating software, administering security precautions, upgrading software, [and] overseeing the level of acces [access] of each of the members. The Vice President for Internet Operations shall control the day-to-day operations of the Internet Services provided by North Carolina Woodworker, Inc. and these functions shall not require the preapproval of the Board of Directors.

Article IV Section 7 (c)
(c) Each Member entitled to vote may do so by written proxy from the Member or his attorney in fact, effective upon delivery of same to the Secretary. No All proxys [proxies] shall be valid only for the votes at the meeting immediately following the execution of the proxys [proxies] and shall expire at the conclusion of that meetingafter the expiration of eleven (11) months from the date of its execution unless it specifies a longer period. Proxies shall be filed with the records of the Corporation.

Article V Section 12
Section 12. Salary: No stated salary shall be paid to Directors as such for their services except as approved by the Members; provided, however, nothing herein contained shall be construed to preclude any Director from serving the Corporation in any other capacity and receiving compensation therefor. [thereof]

Article VI Officers, Section 1 (a)
(a) The Officers of the Corporation shall consist of a President and a Secretary, and may include a chairman of the Board of Directors, a Treasurer, Vice_President, Vice-President for Internet Operations, and one or more Assitant [Assistant] Vice-Presidents and , Assistant Secretaries or Treasurers, and such other Officers as the Board of Directors may, from time to time, deem advisable. Any Officer other than the chairman of the Board of Directors may be, but is not required to be, a Director. Any two or more offices may be held by the same person.

(f)
(f) The Vice-President for Internet operations shall be responsible and oversee the functioning and moderation of the NCWoodworker.net website, including but not limited to the qualifications of people to become active users [Active Users?] of NCWoodworker.net.

Humbly rendered,
Roger

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Ok, there are a few inconsistencies in terminology. And we are pretty close. There is something wrong with the flow and I can't put my finger on it. But as an example, The role of the VP/Internet Operations is described in the "Purposes and Objectives" section. But I think it should be described in one of the sections under "Officers" But then something else is wrong.

I guess, it something like circular definitions:BangHead::help:
Ok, I think if under Article II, we remove/move section 2.A & 2.B, my first concern would be addressed.

Also, I think the levels of markup in the document have reached a point where I can't follow what's going on:eusa_thin:tongue2: It might be time to set the base to it current state and begin again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS