Buying machinery from Klingspor's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Does anyone have experience with purchasing machinery from Klingspor's? Are they OK to do business with? How was after the sale support etc
I'm about to pull the trigger on a General table saw (finally) and want to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible

George

hpetty

New User
Hugh
George,

I've dealt with them at both the Raleigh and Charlotte stores. Always had great service from them. Haven't dealt with the Raleigh store in a couple of years, but they used to have very helpful and knowledgeable people at that store.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
Man, you missed out. They had a 5 percent off sale on the general stuff. May still be going on, but I am not sure.

From my experience, they have been good to deal with. I came within a hairs breath of buying the general shaper a couple weeks ago, but got scared when I started looking at power feeder, and cutters.

IMO, I don't think you will have any regrets.

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
I bought from them at the Charlotte WW show, and dealt primarily with the Charlotte store.

I called them over 10 times trying to find out when my equipment would be in. They NEVER knew, even up until the last day. They indicated on more than one occasion that my jointer/bs would be in on day X, and when I called two days later they didn't have it and gave me another date.

They (the Charlotte store) have no system that I'm aware of of tracking when they are receiving items at all. No one there was ever able to tell me when my equipment would arrive.

Only after calling Delta twice, then sending a very long detailed letter to their HQ threatening to cancel my order if someone in their organization didn't take the time to call me on their dime and answer my questions did I get results.

If you are going to purchase something that they do not have on hand, I'd think twice about it unless the price is better by a long shot.

No follow up calls on their part. No apologies.

Yet, I bought a bottle of glue and a micromesh set from Woodcraft in Matthews and darned if I didn't get a nice thank you note the other day from them.

woodguy1975

New User
John
I deal with them all the time in Hickory. Since HIckory is the main location I can't speek for CLT or Raleigh. Their customer service is great. If you have a problem, they will remedy it for you no problem. I've ordered a couple of General piece from them. General is a bit slow, but Klingspore's lets you know as soon as it arrives.

I would order it from them.

Good Luck,

John

Steve D

Steve DeWeese
I have bought several items from them and have always received good service (Hickory). Sorry to hear about the Charlotte problem, it doesn't match my experience.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
the clt store has a revolving door for manager. most of the guys that work there are decent fellas, but w/o a leader to put a system in place it can be rough for them and customers.

i do know they will match prices on the internet so be sure to google and go in with the best price and get the best deal you can. they figure in shipping and what not when they match the price so keep that in mind.

happy shopping.

phil

J. Fred Muggs

New User
Fred Ray
I'll vouch for the Hickory store as well. Chris Smith is the manager there. Has been there for several years now. He's bent over backwards on occasion to help me. Coleman (don't remember his last name) is the general manager for all stores. He also resides in the Hickory store. That aught to be a help as well. Charlotte is probably 20 - 25 miles closer for me, but if I'm making a special trip, I'll drive the extra to go to Hickory.

MLB3164

New User
Marty
I bought a bandsaw and drill press from the Klingspors in Winston Salem. Great service and they stand behind what they sell. I had a problem with my bandsaw and they went out of their way to help me. Great people to deal with in Winston Salem.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I've bought a Delta Unisaw, hollow chisel mortiser, and a 28-475X bandsaw from the Raleigh store. I returned the Delta bandsaw after a few weeks. Absolutely no problem at any time.

Woodcraft Raleigh is also a fine store. I have been able to call them a few times and get great advice on woodworking techniques. Given an option I would personally purchase from Woodcraft in recognition of the after-sale support. They have very good technical resources on hand.

My $.02.

Chuck

GeorgeL

New User
George
Travis Porter said:
Man, you missed out. They had a 5 percent off sale on the general stuff. May still be going on, but I am not sure.

From my experience, they have been good to deal with. I came within a hairs breath of buying the general shaper a couple weeks ago, but got scared when I started looking at power feeder, and cutters.

IMO, I don't think you will have any regrets.

Thanks for the heads-up. I went back and talked to them. "Customer Appreciation Days" have been extended to April 5th. 10% off anything but General machines (5% off) I guess they don't "appreciate" General customers as much as Jet & Delta customers. :-?

George

cpowell

New User
Chuck
GeorgeL said:
Thanks for the heads-up. I went back and talked to them. "Customer Appreciation Days" have been extended to April 5th. 10% off anything but General machines (5% off) I guess they don't "appreciate" General customers as much as Jet & Delta customers. :-?

George

Now that's funny! I don't care who you are! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BobN

New User
Bob
I have purchase a Delta DJ20 jointer and a Powermatic 2442 lathe from them. I brought them at the Raleigh store, but the items were in Charlotte. Got them there because of price, couldn't beat it anywhere else at the time. Both items were shipped and arrive at the Raleigh store when they said they would. On the lathe they called me when it came in and told that it was still on the truck and they would run it by the house and unload it there if I wanted. Since their truck had a lift gate and a 2442 weights 900 lbs I jump at it. They set it in the door of the garage which save me a lot of work getting that thing out of my pick up.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS