Butcher Block I made first of this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolman

New User
Chad
Made this Feb. 2007, End grain Butcher Block made out of Hard Maple.
Size is 4" x 24" x 36" Just a little over 100#.. I Have a 13" plainer so I made it in 3 parts 8" wide Plain it to 4". Used 4 biscuits to join together, did a little sanding, Then oil it with butcher block oil, and shipped it.

Photos are of top and bottom.

Attachments

• 4x24x36 Block 2 Small.jpg
    4x24x36 Block 2 Small.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 201
  • 4x24x36 Block 2 bottom Small.jpg
    4x24x36 Block 2 bottom Small.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 199

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that's a hunk of wood 8-O Make it a little bigger and you would have one heck of a workbench top :icon_thum
What did you use for the feet? I have not found good feet to put on the bottom of chopping blocks, that will stay on and allow a little adjustment to make sure the block doesn't rock.
Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
That's a beautiful hunk of wood, if it were mine I would mount it in a thick set of farm table legs. It would remind me of the blocks they used to use in butcher shops when I was a kid.

Jimmy:)

toolman

New User
Chad
Wow, that's a hunk of wood 8-O Make it a little bigger and you would have one heck of a workbench top :icon_thum
What did you use for the feet? I have not found good feet to put on the bottom of chopping blocks, that will stay on and allow a little adjustment to make sure the block doesn't rock.
Dave:)

Yes one hunk! :eusa_doh: It would have made a very nice small worktop.. :-D

I don't know if they left them on or not, but the Ash Block ( 2' x 16" x 24" ) I have in our kitchen has the same feet. It sets good, it does not move around you may have to move it a little to fine a flat spot.:) Here is the web site on the Glides ( http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11434&filter=26594 )

toolman

New User
Chad
That's a beautiful hunk of wood, if it were mine I would mount it in a thick set of farm table legs. It would remind me of the blocks they used to use in butcher shops when I was a kid.:)

Thank Jimmy!! :notworthy The man who got it had a island cabinet made just for it to set in. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS