Busy in the shop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan

Beech Balls. A first for me on the lathe. Each one takes about 45 minutes.

Captive Rings. I have done this once before, but never this small and never with 3 rings.

A cannon. Its cool. Nuff said.

Being a former Marine, I had to make some ammo...

Made this for SWMBO. Box is oak and walnut, drawers are bloodwood, purple heart, and mahogany.

"Make No Mistakes!" Desk display for the perfectionist...

Tic-Tac-Toe. I had one of these as a kid and saw one a while back in a store. I had to make my own. I had to order the marbles (no one sells marbles anymore), and each one was around $0.05 or something. I would like to make some more using different woods and colors.

Thanks for looking!

eyekode

New User
Salem
Those spheres look really accurate. When I made doll beds I turned 32 balls in the spindles. I don't think any one was as good as these and no two were the same :).
Salem

SevenPin

New User
R
Nicely done. I'm going to have to see if I can create some wood balls. I think the granddaughter would enjoy them.:icon_thum

Thanks for the pictures. :eusa_danc

SevenPin

christopheralan

New User
Christopheralan
I needed to learn how to turn a perfect sphere for a commission I have in a few weeks. I have looked all over the internet on how to do it, but mainly I have found a bunch of jigs and fixtures, which honestly, I don't want to spend the time or money to make or buy. I ran across an article by Robert Rosand, http://www.rrosand.com/articles/18-2.shtml, that made it really simple to do. I still had to make a couple of things, but nothing major.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
pretty work.:icon_thum:icon_thum I like the balls. they look very round and that aint easy [for me anyways].:gar-Bi

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Those are some unique treasures! I especially liked the bandsaw box. As soon as I saw it I got hungry for a big thick rib-eye! Need to make something like that for the kitchen.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS