Burl

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have looked out of my closet window thousands of times at the least. So today I am putting something in the closet and something catches my eye. Looking out the window I see a really nice burl growing in my own back yard. It is too dark right now to get a picture but that will happen tomorrow. I had to go to it and look a little closer to see if it was actually what I thought it was. I gotta walk the woods behind my house tomorrow as there is a creek that runs at the back of my property. A lot of the trees on the creek bank are stressed and from what I have read that promotes the growth of burls. I have no clue as to the species but will post a pic or two tomorrow.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
You got a window in your closet....swanky :icon_thum
Yep, we need pictures of said burl and closet window :gar-Bi

Dave:)

TracyP

Tracy
You got a window in your closet....swanky :icon_thum
Yep, we need pictures of said burl and closet window :gar-Bi

Dave:)

Will post pictures tomorrow, it is a large walk in closet and I am not really sure why the window is there, but it is:dontknow:. I think when we redesigned the house interior from the plans and added the closet, the window was there and we chose to leave it.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Way to go Tracy:eusa_clap.All the looking I've done for burls,and I noticed one beside my driveway the other day:eek:.From what I've read and found.Where there is one burl there is usually more.I've got one area I'm working on now (had) about 15:rotflm:.Good luck hunting.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
I seen said burl today - good looking burl if I must say so myself - I am thinking that it is wild cherry but I am no tree expert. Can't wait to see what is on the inside of this one:eusa_danc

TracyP

Tracy
Spent too much time playing in the shop today to take a picture of the Burl. I promise to post it soon:wink_smil:wink_smil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS