Built in book cases and bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wronghand

New User
Chris
I have finally finished the redo of our sunroom. Here are some pics of the built in book cases and bench. The room is far less than square or plumb which kept the project very interesting.

It was a learning experience and comments are welcome.

5774061610_a92386f00e.jpg

5773523693_941f9241a0.jpg

5773524523_377c9b161d.jpg

BSHuff

New User
Brian
looks nicely done, what material did you make it out of and what did you finish it with?

It is bad when you can tell how out of square/plumb a room is by a picture! Good job working around that

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Looks great!
Those walls caught you by surprise, I bet. But you did an excellent job of scribing the face frame in.

wronghand

New User
Chris
I built it out of birch plywood and poplar and finished it with SW Pro Classic semi gloss. This was my first attempt at any type of built in and definitely learned a lot from it.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:eusa_clap Most excellent return on your effort. Chris. Is there storage under the bench seat as well?

Sealeveler

Tony
Corporate Member
Fine looking job there.I have one of them Wizard of Oz houses too.Don't even bring a square in,just measure at several points and build.
Tony

wronghand

New User
Chris
There is storage in the bench. I have 2 storage compartments each with it's on lid. I do still have to put the safety hinges on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS