Building a small spray booth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyfontaine

New User
Jonny
Im building a small booth maybe enough for 3 guitars I looked at premade ones but the prices are unreal have any of you guys built you're own spray booths? If so what fan, material, lights did you use? Thanks also if you knownanyway getting rid of a small booth let me know

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
BUMP (I thought there was a spray booth thread a little while back?)

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
BUMP (I thought there was a spray booth thread a little while back?)

We have had many threads over the years on spray finishing and spray booths, just do a search on "spray booth", "spray finish", or "HVLP", etc. More recent threads will often be found in the "Fnishing" forum, but older threads have often been distributed amongst many other forums (why I am uncertain as the Finishing forum dates back to 2006). But a few simple search terms will find many such threads for you.

As concerns the opening post, the OP may wish to provide added details concerning what type of finish they intend to use (is this a flammable finish or water-based, oil-based or nitrocellulose, etc.) what sort of finishing gear they intend to use (such as HVLP or traditional, turbine system or air compressor) and whether this is to be a one time or many times setups? Also, does the OP already have spray finishing gear or not, and if not is their air compressor (you need a large compressor, or at least a very large tank for spray finishing) sized for spray finishing or will they need to go with a turbine system? With water-based finishes you are only concerned with controlling and exhausting overspray but with flammable finishes you must be more concerned with safely exhausting explosive vapors first, overspray second.

But those answers will help to secure more answers from members. Typically very open ended questions are more likely to go unanswered because no specific advice can be given, only generic advice, and I am one if the few who would take the time to write that much detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS