Buffalo Band saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnS

New User
Shawn
anyone here know anything about a buffalo 14 inch band saw? found one for sale just wondering about it before I try to make a deal for it

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Shawn,
Pictures are best, but IIRC it is just a Taiwan or Chinese knock-off of the Delta 14" saw.
I knew someone who had one and said he had good luck with it, but I am not sure what he was comparing it to...

Did it look like this;
lf491uy.jpg

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
IIRC, Buffalo was a brand name used by Harbor Freight in the 1980's and early 90's. It was definitely an "off brand" knock off of the Delta, made in Taiwan in the early days.

ShawnS

New User
Shawn
ok thanks, I had never heard of the buffalo brand, didn't know much about it, for the price I think I can hold off and get something that wasn't a hf tool. just never had much luck with their power tools

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Unless that saw is about $50, good call skipping on it. I'm sure you'll find a better saw for a good price soon enough!

GeorgeM

New User
George
There was a company in Travelers Rest, South Carolina that imported the complete line of Buffalo power tools for a good many years(been out of business for many years now).
I bought one of the 14 inch band saws new for $80.00. I used it for a lot of years and gave it to my son in law and he still uses it.
The castings were rough but when you cleaned it up and did a little tuning it worked great.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sounds like at the right price it might be worth picking up ... it's going to come down to price and condition. I'd guess $50-$100 is the appropriate range if I were buying.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
There was a company in Travelers Rest, South Carolina that imported the complete line of Buffalo power tools for a good many years(been out of business for many years now).
I bought one of the 14 inch band saws new for $80.00. I used it for a lot of years and gave it to my son in law and he still uses it.
The castings were rough but when you cleaned it up and did a little tuning it worked great.
Yea,
I can't remember his name, I met a guy at a garage sale, and we got to talking and went into his shop and started talking about his buffalo band saw and he said, first it was a GREAT deal ($50-$100) and it works very well and he was turning out some nice furniture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS