Brick

dpfeiffer

New User
Don
If it only included a bag of Sakrete, I'd get you to mail it to me.
Not a problem Jim!!! I’ve got a stack of sackrete bags in the barn that I’ll be happy to stick one in the mail for ya and between the two of us, you’ll have everything you need to do whatever it was you were gonna do!

we are always here to help brother

just send me your address when you have a chance and I’ll send it off to ya!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
When we built our house (1980) I paid $0.10 for blocks for the foundation. The contractor I worked for was building a shopping center. The owners had an option to add two more stores beyond original contract. Purchasing bought enough blocks for complete (including option) center for less than just initial contract, which meant they had a bunch of blocks left over. Owner offered to sell me all the blocks I needed for ten cents each. Company laborers would load them in the company truck, I could bring them to the house each night, using company truck. What a deal! After I got what I needed for foundation, and settled up, owner told I could have all the more I wanted for FREE. He explained if they had given me blocks for foundation for free, everybody else would want the same deal, so that's why I paid for the ones for foundation. It even gets better. Company knew they had a problem with a superintendent, just they had to catch him. So they offered to pay me half my pay to stay home and work on my house. But when they caught him, I had to be ready to report to work next day. I got to spend two months full time working on our house, then one Sunday night around 7:00 PM got the call to report on Monday. By this time we were living in our house, so it worked out well for me and them.

• Love
Reactions: Oka

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors