Brazilian cherry

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I believe this is Jatoba/ Brazilian Cherry. Does anyone have a scrap of something very similar looking in about a full 2x2x6 inch or so? A little larger would be nice but no smaller. I would like to make a matching knob for a good friend and student.
214241A5-62C7-42CE-A19D-5981FF8148F9.jpeg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Thanks Dan 6 inch pieces would be ideal. I may replace some of her other planes. Would be nice to have a matched set.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
. . . or, I have some you can have along with the tap & die set if you can wait that long
UUUGH! that friggin' tap and die set is going to HAUNT me! :p :p :p

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Mike,

I have a scrape of BC approx 6/4 x 2.75" x 18". Your welcome to it. I'll post a pic when I get back to the shop. I can cut it down for easy cost effective shipping. Just let me know.

Dan
The wood arrive today, sorry I did not read correctly. I need 8/4 x 3 inches to make plane front knobs. I can send this back or pay you something, just let me know.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'll have to measure tonight. Was hoping to make low knobs, they are a little larger/wider. the newer style may work.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Does it have to be a solid piece? I have a piece that was originally glued up to use as a handrail on stairs
IMG_5252.jpg
IMG_5253.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS