BPCS Powder-tube stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnpipe108

New User
John Meshkoff
Black-Powder Cartridge Shooting (BPCS) is a "roll your own" pastime, and one popular accessory is a "drop tube" used to settle the powder into the brass shell-case. I've jerry-rigged mine with a wood clamp to an inconvenient location many times, and finally realized a simple solution to making a stand:

BPCS_Drop-tube-stand-dscf0849.jpg

I'd intended to make one of these for a couple years, but I didn't have an idea for a straightforward design. I decided to finally make one, and when I was staring into one of my scrap boxes looking for the best pieces to make a stand (I tend to usually think of construction based on flat stock) I noticed the dowel left over from making a rocking horse and realized that would make a good, simple support.

The base is 3/4 birch ply, with trim re-sawn from a scrap of 3/4 Oak square. The brackets are 1/2" "craft wood." I finished the base with semi-gloss polyurethane, and covered the bottom with 1/16" cork pad, but left the dowel and brackets unfinished, and are not glued but left as a friction-fit for adjustment. A small hole drilled into the base forms a pocket for holding the shell-case under the tube.

Regards, Johnpipe

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Nice, simple solution John. Your reloading bench is very tidy compared to some I have seen. I just set up where ever I have a clear spot, pack it all away when I'm finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS