boss wants new cabinets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Stewart

New User
Mark
Well it comes to us all that the lol wants some new cabinets in the kitchen. Buying them is way out o the question so now I'm looking for some reading material on the how 2 for beginners. No Im not crazy(this is debatable) Ill start down stairs then work my way up from there.

thanks Mark

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker: Shop Drawings and Professional Methods for Designing and Constructing Every Kind of Kitchen and Built-In Cabinet by Robert W. Lang

Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets: Completely Revised and Updated by Jim Tolpin

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
Sommerfeld Tools has a great DVD for building cabinets and Norm spent a whole season on kitchen cabinets.

Warren

Warren
Corporate Member
I've used the books in the first two posts to build two sets of kitchen cabinets. However, Proulx's books were the most helpful. The project is fairly straightforward. The hard part is having the standard diminsions and after that, it's just cut and put together. If you use melamine boards, be sure to use Roo Glue as it holds best. Also, buy the edge banding in 250' rolls and use a common pressing iron. There are a number of good edge band trimmers and they are worth the costs. Be sure to finish after trimming with a fine file to relieve the edges.

Go to Woodworker's Hardware in Minnesota for all hardware, hinges, slides. edge banding, Roo Glue etc.
Good Luck!:thumbs_up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS