Boo, Hoo No Wood working Show in Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
:BangHead::eusa_boohI got a card in mail today to get a discount on admission to WW show in Buffalo, Sept 29- Oct.1 Went to their website to check on date for Charlotte show and there is NONE. Closest shows are Baltimore in early January, and Chantilley(Washington DC, out by Dullies) March 16-18.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Buffalo may be a bit of a hike, but DC is a possibility. Not a bad place to visit. Loads of great restaurants there. I was there a month ago with the family. Found a fairly good hotel in Old Alexandria for a very reasonable price.

Ray

Monty

New User
Monty
Don't forget about the woodworking show in Hickory. It will be Friday, October 27th and Saturday, October 28th this year. I expect we'll be able to put together a NCWW Fall gathering at that time. :icon_thum

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
My first bonus check will be in, just a week before the show in Hickory... Now, to schedule that time off...

woodguy1975

New User
John
Last year they shifted the Charlotte show to Febuary at the same time as the Greensboro show. Did you check for Febuary?

Definitely don't forget about the Extravaganza the last weekend in Oct. The show runs Friday and Saturday. I'll be giving free classes all day Friday and Saturday as part of my "Ask the Experts" setup. Should be a great time. :)

M

McRabbet

Looks like Bruce is right -- here is the 2007 schedule on their website:

Winter 2007
spacer.gif

January 5-7 BALTIMORE Maryland State Fair - Timonium, MD
January 12-14 COLUMBUS Ohio Expo Center & State Fair - Columbus, OH
January 19-21 INDIANAPOLIS Indiana State Fairgrounds - Indianapolis, IN
January 26-28 ATLANTA Georgia International Convention Center - College Park, GA
Februray 2-4 KANSAS CITY Overland Park International Trade Center
Overland Park, KS
Februray 9-11 ST. LOUIS Gateway Center - Collinsville, IL
Februray 16-18 SOMERSET Garden State Exhibit Center - Somerset, NJ
Februray 23-25 MILWAUKEE Wisconsin Exposition Center - Milwaukee, WI
March 2-4 ST. PAUL RiverCentre - St. Paul, MN
March 9-11 OPEN
March 16-18 CHANTILLY Dulles Expo Center - Chantilly, VA
March 23-25 TAMPA Florida State Fairgrounds - Tampa, FL
March 30 - April 1 HOUSTON Reliant Park - Houston, TX
April 5-8 Easter
April 13-15 PLEASANTON Alameda County Fairgrounds - Pleasanton, CA
April 20-22 SACRAMENTO Cal Expo - Sacramento, CA
April 27-29 SEATTLE Puyallup Fairgrounds - Puyallup, WA
May 4-6 POMONA Fairplex - Pomona, CA

So, unless they put it in the open March 9-11 slot, looks like Atlanta is the closest and then Chantilly, VA

Rob

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Chantilly is close enough to go to. Two years ago, we were going to do a day trip. ( I used to work in DC occassionally, so this isn't something new for me.) Unfortunately I got sick and spent the next five months of my life in a recliner chair. Best bet is to stay in Springfield area as there are outlet malls and the METRO starts there. You can also get off at Marine base and cut over to Mannassas. When I first worked there, they only had one stop light in Mannassas, and it only worked when Marine base was starting or stopping for the day. But Metro doesn't go to show. It is out near Dullies, and THEY have a toll road that they don't wan't competition for. Friday afternoon to Springfield, Sat at show, and Sunday take METRO to Renwick. Leave after lunch for home. I have a problem, as I will be in Savanah, GA for St Patrick's day celebration. (It is only six hundred miles from Savannah to DC.) Wife and I have done Savanah for about 15 years only missing two. Once when I was sick and once when she was taking Lipitor and her knees hurt all the time. Already making room reservations. Baltimore is only 28 miles further, but in early January (SNOW?) A bus from Raleigh for 37 people (2 years ago) was only $1400 for the day. That works out to about $40 per person. Leave Raleigh at 6 AM, be at show at 11 AM till closing at 5 PM. Stop in Ashland VA for dinner. You could stop at Ponderosa Steak house where DC sniper shot one of their victims.

Last edited:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
It is my understanding that Merchendise Mart has been sold to a church? Now the State fair grounds in Raleigh has a new exibition hall with FREE parking and a flea market that would be a great location. Not far to Woodcraft, or Klingspor's Woodworking shop. American Wood Yards has a bandsaw mill across the street also. Brain trust that operate WW shows aren't always the brightest bulbs in the box. Did a show in GSO one year in late May.(Beyond WW season) A couple of years later, they did a show in WS on a Saturday in Sept, on which Wake Forrest, UNC, and NC STATE had home football games. There was also a free air show at Smith- Reynolds airport that day. At both shows, you could sail a quarter down the exibition hall at 2 PM and only hit an exibitor. About five years ago, they did a show in Columbia SC, two weeks before Charlotte show. Real bright folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS