Boards Ready for Shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
I have entered two small shows this year preferring to concentrate on web sales. The last big show I did in DC last year only drew 15k people making it not worth the effort and this year I entered a large NYC show only to find out the promoter was scamming people, selling the spaces before he ever booked the hall. So I will stay small and local and most likely next stay away from all shows altogether in the future.

At the small shows people like the less expensive purchases so I made up 42 boards in the past week for the two shows. I have maple, cherry and walnut, 12 x 18, 12 x 16, 12 x 14 and 12 x 12 all in long grain which I hope will attract customers. We will see.

Show Boards.jpg

Not shown are the other 15 or so we put on the shelf in the end grain variety in the same time frame. Busy we have been.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
Is a show worth doing for ~20 boards? These must be about half the price of end grain or is that wrong?

DWSmith

New User
David
Never fear Mike, there will be other higher priced end grain boards there as well. I need a lesser expensive board to get peoples attention. Some people want the better boards and some will be willing to settle for a lesser expensive board.

I did another small show a few years back. A lady looked over every offering I had then asked, "Do you really get that much for them?". I replied, I'm not Wal-Mart!

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Good luck at the upcoming shows, David. Sounds like you finally have some decent help in the shop. :dontknow:

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I think having the lower priced long grain cutting boards is a good idea. I would think there is a larger customer base for a less expensive board. Good luck.

DWSmith

New User
David
David,

Those boards look very glossy. Are they finished or wrapped in something?

After oiling and waxing I shrink wrap all the boards to keep them clean and to prevent them from drying out. Also makes them look more professionally produced than having no covering. Also helps in packing, gives the packing tape something to stick to when I tape the foam on to the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS