Black Walnut Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
FINALLY! I have completed a Mantel Clock. This is the first mantel clock completed in Tweetiesworkshop. The Black Walnut which was marked on the ends dates back to 1961 and about 30 pieces was given to me. All have dates on them. I made this clock for the person who gave me all of this. It also seems so good to be able to do some woodworking after all the surgery and Rehab I have been through this year. And YES :jiggy:I am enjoying my retirement from Fort Bragg. :crybaby2:

Terry

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
hmmmm,,,,, that walnut looks a little fishy to me!!!!!!!!!! pretty work.

fred

Badabing

New User
Joe
That's really nice Terry! I love the natural shape and the fish too! That person is going to be very impressed and cherish that piece forever :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Now that's unique. I need more info on the fish. Did you carve it? I really like the whole presentation, it's a work of art :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
The fish is a Christmas Ornament I found at Gander Mountain along with the Fishing Lure. The stump is a 1-1/4" maple dowel I got from VT and took the bark from the Black Walnut and glued it to the dowel. I cut a small portion off the top of the wood and removed the knot from it and glued it to the top of the dowel so it would look like the real thing. Now that is the story of the stump, Lure, and Fish. Kinda like a fish story ain't it?
:cool:Terry:spinny:

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Terry: I wondered where you'd been lately. Good to see you back and able to do some WW'ing. NICE Clock!

DavidF

New User
David
From the thread title I was expecting something completely different to that, I like it! nice job.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Now that's creative Terry!
Glad you are able to get back in the shop some and I look forward to the next project :icon_thum

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS