Bitten by table saw part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
Hi folks, just wanted to let everyone know that i have to go in for a second surgery on my hand on Friday. Something came loose in my index finger as i felt and heard it pop like cracking your knuckles yesterday. Now i have no movement or feeling in that finger at all. Be careful out there these machines that we use can bite and hard. Steve

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Steve, sorry to hear you're having new problems with the injury. Hope the follow up surgery get's things back to a better place so you can get on with recovery/rehab.

Brian.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Steve,
You have really made an impact here with your accident and I know others would agree. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and wish you good luck on Friday.

Take care and keep us posted.

Barbara

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Steve,
You have really made an impact here with your accident and I know others would agree. We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers and wish you good luck on Friday.

Take care and keep us posted.

Barbara

Agreed on all counts! You'll be in our prayers!

Travis

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery from the next round of doctor visits, Steven.

Dragon

New User
David
Best wishes Steve. Sounds sorta like a tendon popped apart and is maybe pinching a nerve. Hoping for the best and a speedy and complete recovery.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Steve, I'm sorry to hear about that. We'll definitely pray that your surgery goes well and that you make a fast recovery.

steviegwood

New User
Steven
the surgeon removed some stitches from my index finger on monday and there is some new skin forming on my thumb. i will be in a splint for a few months yet as he does not want me trying to move any part of my hand at all. the physical therapist is to do any bending and moving. those trips are always a treat. (not) my whole hand and wrist feels like it is stoved and bruised real bad and i am having severe spasms as part of the healing process. it looks nasty though. i do appreciate the prayers as i do believe they help. for that i thank you all. i want back in the shop so bad because this is my time of year to build inventory. i hate to just sit around doing nothing. that is all for this update except that you all can build something with me in mind and let me watch the progress. steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Glad to hear that you are making progress. Follow the doctors orders word for word. Since you can't actually do shop work might be time to redesign the shop layout (on paper), watch some WW videos, read some WW books, create new designs. I know it it not the same but at least it will help you prepare for when you are able to get back at it.

Glennbear

Glenn
My thoughts and prayers are with you Steve, I know it is difficult but strictly follow the doctor's instructions. If you try to rush things it will only delay your recovery DAMHIKT :BangHead:

steviegwood

New User
Steven
the surgeon removed the stitches from my hand and the thumb is starting to get some new skin. i love going to physical therapy so much i think i will move the therapist in with me, that way no one can find his body.(hehe) i know that i have to go through it to get well though. i am getting bored not being able to do anything one handed and left handed at that being a righty.i tried to talk them into putting me to sleep until i healed completely but they said i would miss to much fun in therapy. i have been going through my books and mags and get discouraged not being able to make the projects. i do hope though that someone else learns a lesson from my accident. if talking about it does not get you to put safety first this will. after the first visit to the er and transfer to second er and an overnight stay and surgery we are up over $25,000 in hospital bills so far. have not gotten the ambulance bill, second surgery bill or any therapy bills yet and i will have to have therapy for several months and possibly more surgery to remove scar tissue. so if anyone wants to disregard safety in the shop, i do hope you a sizable savings account. i don't!!! i am not whining but stating facts. have a very blessed day. steve

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Point well taken Steve. We all know what is right and wrong but our judgement sometimes gets in the way. Heal quickly my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS