Biscuit Joiners

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Back for more advice! What's your take on the best biscuit joiner for the money? What features are needed? Also, how about tenon joinery? Thanx.

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Reggie,

I've got the DeWalt and I'm very happy with it. I had an early model Porter Cable but the fence and adjustment process was not very accurate. The DeWalt has a really good fence system and is fully adjustable.

As for tenon joinery, the new Fesstool is super but way out of my price range. I think one of the woodworking mags did a recent test of joint strength and the the floating tenon came out pretty high.

Good luck.

Dan C.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
I have had the 556 porter cable and it was a POS. I now have the lamello. world of difference but a lot more money invested. highly recomend it if your budget can accomodate.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Thanks man. I may purchase today. What model is your DeWalt? What's the price range? Thanx aqain.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Just discovered the Beadlock tenon joiner tool on Online Tool Reviews. It's 46.99, made by Journeyman. Heard of it?

RobD

New User
Rob
I also have the DeWalt (DW682K) and love it. It has done everything I need. I got it from Amazon about a year and a half ago for $140.

Looks like it is more expensive on Amazon right now though, around $190. Toolking has a reconditioned one for $130 here: http://www.toolking.com/dewalt_dw682kr.aspx

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I've got the DW too. don't think you can go wrong with, tho the current PC can swap blades for a FF biscuit - which might be nice to have if you prefer those to pocket screw joints.

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Just discovered the Beadlock tenon joiner tool on Online Tool Reviews. It's 46.99, made by Journeyman. Heard of it?

Reggie I dont have the beadlock but it did not recieve very good reviews in a recent issue of Wood Magazine I believe it was. I was considering trying it and asked a couple of fellows at Woodcraft what their customers were saying about it and they simply responded that its not selling very well.

Should you decide to try the Beadlock system let us know how it works and how you like it.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
I bought the DW today. It looks like it's a great tool. Can't wait to begin making mistakes!!! Thanx to all for your responses.

A friend of mine who is an accomplished WW says the tenon joint system is great, especially for strength. But for now, I'm in the Kreg jig and biscuit business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS