Bench Planes Skills and Techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

willarda

New User
Bill Anderson
I am going to offer a second session of this workshop since I have been getting some interest from people and my first sesion (May 31 through June 1) is sold out. The second session will be the following weekend (June 7 and 8). This workshop is 2 days, cost is $160 with a $10 discount for TWA members. Class size is limited to 2 people.

The first day will be dimensioning rough lumber with traditional tools and planes (marking gauge, winding sticks, straightedge, square, and scrub, try, fore, jointer, block and smoothing planes).

The second day will be using bench planes to accomplish pretty common woodworking challenges such as jointing boards for edge gluing, planing mitered and and rail and stile face frame joints, fitting joints (miters, mortise and tenon), and working with highly figured woods and veneer panels. We will use regular and low angle smoothing planes, block and rabbet planes, jointer, etc. for these.

I have previously taught this workshop including a lot of stuff on specialty planes (rabbets, dado, tongue and grove, router, molding, etc), but have never been able to do justice to both sets of planes so I have split this into two separate workshops. The Specialty Planes Skills and Techniques workshop meant for June 7-8 will be postponed since I think people will be more interested in basic bench planes right now.

If you are interested, drop me a line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS