Beginning of a Large Gloat

Status
Not open for further replies.

dino drosas

Dino
Corporate Member
No new major tools to report. With an expanded two car garage for a shop, I am maxxed out in the floor space department. I have pretty much everything that I need except space. With that in mind, I have been thinking about a storage area; especially for lumber. The best and most cost effective solution IMO was a shipping container. My friend is in the rental business and I talked him into selling me an almost new box and placed it almost out of sight beside the back garage. It is 8' x 8' x 20' long and is as new with 1 1/4" marine plywood flooring. Before I get started with shelving, I finished the floor with moisture curing urathane. Now it's time to figure out the inside layout plus ventilation as it is air and water tight. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Attachments

• woodworking 006.jpg
    woodworking 006.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 170
  • woodworking 005.jpg
    woodworking 005.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 178

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Couldn't you just paint it black & throw in some squirrel cage fans & vents?
These are nice. I rent one for job sites that's set up on one end as an office & the other as secure storage. It beats climbing steps all day long!
If anybody else is interested in one call C & M Leasing in Charlotte. They have units for sale up to 40' x 8' x 9' tall with doors on both ends if you want them that way & they deliver.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Couldn't you just paint it black & throw in some squirrel cage fans & vents?
These are nice. I rent one for job sites that's set up on one end as an office & the other as secure storage. It beats climbing steps all day long!
If anybody else is interested in one call C & M Leasing in Charlotte. They have units for sale up to 40' x 8' x 9' tall with doors on both ends if you want them that way & they deliver.

Do you have any idea what C&M charges for a unit like that? I know it will vary but what is the price range to buy one?

Jerry

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Depending on condition & size, look to spend $750 - 1800.
They have some units as short as 10' with stock sizes of 20' & 40' and double doors available on both ends. Around here some contractors lease or buy the 10' units to park skid steers in on the job. They have a habit of running off at night & on weekends.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Nice Dino!
That's a lot of space and it looks like a strong box :eusa_danc
Once you get it loaded, just ship it up the ICW and I'll meet you at the docks :lol:

Roger

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
They are strong boxes. I once had a rep that wanted me to set up a business building modular banks out of them for use in Harlem. The hold up pretty well to small arms fire & it takes a while to cut through them with a quickie saw. They are easy to insulate & wire too.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Be still my thumping heart! I keep telling myself, "I need to learn the xylophone.":qbluewack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS