Been a long time....

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
Since I have been on this forum. Still a top notch operation I see. I stopped posting on here after I moved from NC. It's nice to see there are still some familiar names chopping wood and giving advice. Is DaveO still the top poster?

Just wanted to introduce the new company I have started, here in Frankfort, Kentucky. I am making ash wood hand planes using locally sourced wood and 1/4" thick O1 irons. Nice Ash Planes is the name of the company and that is exactly what I am selling.

I do not want to put in links to websites or other forums, as I have not been here in a bit and am unsure of the sites policies. I would like to add, for anyone interested, I have done a blog on how these planes are made at a site for lumber jocks.

Moderators, please move this thread if i started it in the wrong place.

Be Good
Rhett

rhett

New User
rhett
Thats the site. Thanks for the link.

I would like to take this opportunity to point out, that while the two piece construction of a wooden plane is nothing new, Nice Ash Planes is the first company to ever make a wooden plane with a completely captured crosspin, making it invisible from both sides. Insignificant in terms of performance but awesome in the fact wood planes have been around for thousands of years, yet we did something to one, for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS