Beech tree available for custom milling

Status
Not open for further replies.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Well my apologies, perhaps I misread some earlier comments. Water under the bridge please and Ill learn the ins and outs and style of this forum eventually.

I do actually recommend Scotts mill to customers who I am unable to fulfill their requirements on a regular basis.

That being said, knowledge (or lack thereof)of the juvenile wood and sap wood is IMHO one of the biggest problem causers to woodworkers. If wood movement is of great concern to you best to remove them on the table saw. As they will gain or lose water at a different rate.

Case in point, watch Peter Follansbee, who works with green wet riven red oak in fine furniture, he ensures to remove them both (and along with other construction techniques) produces heirloom furniture.

One of the best ways to get quartersawn SYP is to go to the big box stores and sort the 2x10 and 2x12 stacks for the center cut pieces......relieve the pith on the table saw and BOOM QS yellow pine. You would be suprised at what you find in those stacks. (Sometimes they get douglas fir in around here for 2x4 stock).

My apologies once again for my, in hindsight, rather extreme reaction. If we get anything interesting on the deck Ill post it up.

Josh - no harm, no foul. I’m glad to see that you’re back. This is a great group and you’ll fit in well here.

Scott

ps - thanks for the referrals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS