Bedroom furniture plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
The LOML has instructed me to make some bedroom furniture for our 14 son that has grown too much. His cloths will not fit in the drawers that he had as a toddler.

She wants functional, slightly decorative pieces including dresser (8 drawers), bed side table and head board. Black, glossy finish.

I am thinking cabinet grade plywood but feel the need for something so the dresser does not look like a large black box.

Does anyone know of plane that I can get to use even just as a starting point.

Thanks in advance
9 Fingers.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Here's a possible good source for FREE plans

Free Plans for Bedside Tables, Nightstands and Miscellaneous Bedroom Furniture

Another poss. source

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=401

And for purchase, I have heard that they have very good plans

Bed & Dresser Plans - Download Bedroom Furniture Woodworking Plans

Personally I would design them myself to fit the space, and need. It's very easy to add trim, moulding and other embellishments to the basic box structure to make it unique.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I have purchased plans from PlansNow and furnitureplans.com but it's been a few years. The plans were accurate so it saves the time spent designing and calculating dimensions.

I have gotten better results locating pictures from furniture stores online and getting the basic dimensions then developing my own plans. You can incorporate your own design elements into each piece to make it fit your desired style.

Chuck

cpowell

New User
Chuck
John.. this may be a starting place for you. For beds, I have made both of these beds from these plans. I can't complain about the plans, they were well done. The beds turned out really nice.

Hierloom Bed ( Mine was queen sized )
Classic Bed ( I made mine twin sized )

For a dresser, I liked this 9 drawer dresser.
9 Drawer dresser

My Hierloom Bed
My Classic Bed
My dresser

I hope this helps..

Clay I made the "Classic Bed" in cherry for the master bedroom. I agree with your assessment of the plans for that bed- very well written and illustrated with good tips to help with a few of the difficult cuts.

I must admit yours looks GREAT!! :icon_thum

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS